Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Slice of Heaven

When I saw these buckets and the bar holder, I knew I had to have them. I saw them in an Ikea catalog just by chance. Then it took me several tries to actually find how to order them. Have you ever ordered from Ikea??? Their shipping is absolutely ridiculous!! However, I live in the boonies (80 miles from a MacDonalds with very little other than wheat fields in between). I would have to drive to Portland (2+ hours) and endure the crowds to buy them. I usually have my daughter who lives in Portland pick up stuff but I have to wait forever to get it. I just couldn't wait this time. THESE WERE PERFECT!!!
My husband just installed the bar and I put my Marvy markers in the buckets. They were in a drawer, not very accessible. Now I can take a quick look and see them all.
The second picture is my slice of heaven. It's where I stamp, create, mess up, watch TiVoed programs, listen to music, eat :( and whatever with my cat, Lucy. I just doesn't get better than this for me. I jokingly say, "all I need is a mini-fridge and a port-a-potty!!! LOL Lucy has been on her perch all morning, she managed to get down just before I took the picture! Grrrr
As I created this spot, I kept in mind that I wanted everything I use all the time, within fingertip reach. The black boxes are for the Copics that I'm starting to acquire. I have an extra box that I'm not sure what I'm going to fill with but I'm know something will come to mind!! LOL
I have one more major purchase to finish this spot. It's a wooden storage cabinet with all sorts of drawers to replace the saggy plastic ones (look at the slice of heaven picture and on the far left you will see the white plastic drawers). I need something much more sturdy. The third picture is the cabinet I'm going to purchase.........maybe next month. Can't have it all this month. :( I want it in dark walnut and with 3" black shelves to match the rest of the room. I wish the cabinet came in black but it doesn't!!

Have an extraordinary Sunday. I'm a blessed person!!
Candy

8 comments:

Heather P. said...

What a lovely space! Ikea is one of my favorite stores! My 3 1/2 year old always asks to go there... LOL

Nicki said...

How do you do it? I mean, just how do you produce such gorgeous creations and still be so neat and organised - LOL!?! Your craft space is fabulous, love the stamp shelves, mine are all stuffed in drawers and I forget what I've got.

Nerine .P. said...

Everything looks so neat and tidy. Every day I wish for a craft space but for the time being, my kitchen table is it...{sigh}

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I too wish I had an Ikea but I would have to drive to hustle and bustle, but I think those would be way worth it. Those would be perfect for my space.

Jenny said...

ooh.. so jealous!! I have a very messy table and lots of ideas! Lucky lady! :)

Renee said...

oh love love love your space. just beautiful, now get in there and mess it up. :) Blessings. Renee

Suzy said...

Nice craft space.

Tindaloo said...

Wow! that's a NEAT scrapping space!!! fabolous :)